Microsoft Office – Activation Issue
So you were using Microsoft Office one day and out of no where after doing some Windows Update you are being prompted to Activate your version of Microsoft Office again! Here are the possible scenario’s that you could face at this point…
Basically there is quite an easy fix for this, all you have to do is the following…
*Note* Make sure you have the following options enabled/disabled in your Folder Options
* Hidden Files and Folders – Show Hidden Files and Folders
* Disable “Hide extentions for known file types”
* Disable “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)” – Click Yes on the prompt when you disable this.
Step 1: Go into the following location in your computer –
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA
Step 2: Locate the 2 files in the folder called OPA**.BAK and opa**.dat
*Note* Depending on what version of Microsoft Office you are using, the ** would mean a different number.
– Microsoft Office 2000 – OPA10 (Not confirmed)
– Microsoft Office 2003 – OPA11
– Microsoft Office 2007 – OPA12
Step 3: Once you have located these files, rename their extentions (The “dat” and “BAK”) and rename it to old and old2.
Step 4: Now open any Microsoft Office application and it will say “Configuring Microsoft Office”
Step 5: Then it will bring up the Activation screen, activate Microsoft Office for one last time and your problem should be resolved.
Hope this helps, if you have any question please feel free to ask me as I’m always here to help ðŸ™‚