FIX: Microsoft Office Word 2007 – Spellcheck not working!
If you are facing an issue where you’re using Microsoft Office Word 2007 and the Spellcheck feature is not working while you are typing or even when you click on “Check Spelling and Grammar” it doesn’t detect any mistakes, here is the possible solution for you to fix that issue.
- Open Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Click on the Microsoft Office logo on the top left of the screen.
- Click on Word Options
- Click on Popular at the left hand side Pane
- Click on Language Settings at the bottom
- On the left hand side under “Available editing languages“, look for English (Australia) then click Add
- At the bottom where “Primary Editing Language” change it to English (Australia) at the drop down menu
- On the right hand side under “Enabled editing languages“, highlight any other language other than English (Australia) then click Remove in the middle.
- Click on OK
- Click on OK again
- Restart the whole computer
EDIT: Popular Solution
I have struggled with this problem and think I found the answer. It seems that Office 2007 disables the English dictionary becasue it causes problems with Outlook Express. To turn the dictionary back on goto:
- Microsoft Office Button>
- Word Options>
- Ad Ins>
- Manage (select disabled items)>
- Click on the english dictionary and re-enable it>
- Close Word and restart.
- Click on Start -> Run
- Type “regedit” and click OK
- Browse to the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Shared Tools > Proofing Tools >1.0
- Rename “1.0″ folder to “zz1.0z“
- Restart Microsoft Word
Now test the issue and see if you’re still facing the same issue. If this step doesn’t work, please do let me know and I will give you the more complicated method of resolving the issue