Windows Vista & Windows 7 – Missing MSVBVM50.DLL
This program requires MSVBVM50.DLL, which is no longer included in this version of Windows.
If at anytime you are trying to run an application that runs on an old version of VB, on Windows Vista or 7, you may come across this error message.
If so, all you need to do are the following steps:
1. Download MSVBVM50.EXE from here
— This file is from Microsoft’s Download Center.
2. Run the file as per usual so it will install all the correct DLL files in the right areas.
Download the MSVBVM50.DLL file from here
— This is the missing DLL file.
3. Copy and Paste the MSVBVM50.DLL file to the folder your application is installed in.
4. Go to command prompt and point it to your applications directory by typing “cd” followed by the folders location and press Enter
— i.e: cd c:\program files\myapplication\
5. Type in the following command – “regsvr32 msvbvm50.dll” and press Enter
— You should get a popup saying the registration was successful.
That should be it! Your application should now work on Windows Vista/7!